You are in [Places] [Churches] [St Lawrence Church] [St Lawrence Church Photo Gallery]
Photo Gallery:

Hungerford Church, 1811. From an engraving titled: London Published by Verner, Hood & Sharpe, Poultry. March 1st 1811. Engraved by J. Greig from a Drawing by S. Prout for the Beauties of England & Wales. [This was a series of books published between 1801-1815, describing the topography and local history of England and Wales. Produced by a variety of London publishers, the work appeared in 18 multi-part volumes arranged by county, individually authored.]

Interior of St Lawrence showing the new chancel screen, from a glass slide, 1923

Interior of St Lawrence showing the new chancel screen, from a glass slide, 1923

The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bathwick, Bath (also designed by John Pinch, built 1817-20), Sep 2006

The Church Goods in Hungerford Parish Church, 1552-53, as reported by the Churchwardens, William Cannon & Ralfe Faller.

Interior of St Lawrence Church (Tomkins & Barrett, Swindon)

Plan (by Abraham Dymock of Albourne, 1820) of "Hungerford Church Yard" - including the additional land exchanged by the Representatives of Catherine Pearce for enlarging the "Old Church Yard".

Plan of existing church organ gallery and upper gallery, 1879 (Morris & Stallwood, Reading)

Existing church, south elevation, 1879 (Morris & Stallwood, Reading)

Interior elevation of existing church, showing original painted cast-iron pillars, 1879 (Morris & Stallwood, Reading)

Proposed alterations (very different to what was eventually done), 1879 (Morris & Stallwood, Reading)

St Lawrence's Church, 1858 (WS Parry). Note the battlements on the main walls of the church, removed in 1880.

The Church Bell-Ringing Team, 1978. Back row, L-R: Sarah Fradgley, Ted Fry, Sarah Scott (maiden name), Richard Earl & Denise Long (maiden name).
Front Row: Harry Fradgley, Mary Fradgley, Rev Richard Kinsbury, Robert Grange (Tower Captain), Audrey Pallett & Rev John Kendall.
The vicar (Rev Harold Wardley King) and bellringers outside St Lawrence's Church, George V's Silver Jubilee, 6 May 1935.
L-R: ??, ??, ??, ??, Rev Wardley-King, Bob Newhook, ??, Lord Portal, ??.
.jpg)
Interior of St. Lawrence's church, 1869 [E.T. Brookes, Newbury]
- St Lawrence's Church, 1858 (W.S. Parry). Note the battlements on the main walls of the church, removed in 1880.
- Interior of St. Lawrence's church, 1869 [E.T. Brookes, Newbury].
- Parish Church of St Lawrence, April 2011.
- "View of Hungerford Church, October 1806" by D.Z. Bommart.
- Old church of St Lawrence, 1809.
- Hungerford Church, 1811 From an engraving titled: London Published by Verner, Hood & Sharpe, Poultry March 1st 1811 Engraved by J. Greig from a Drawing by S. Prout for the Beauties of England & Wales.
- Old church of St Lawrence, c.1813 showing the broken down tower and roof.
- Detail of drawing of old church of St. Lawrence, c.1813.
- The Church Goods in Hungerford Parish Church, 1552-53, as reported by the Churchwardens, William Cannon & Ralfe Faller.
- The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Bathwick, Bath (also designed by John Pinch, built 1817-20), September 2006.
- Drawing of new church of St Lawrence, 1821.
- Parish Church and the canal, 1880.
- St Lawrence's Parish Church from the west, c.1900 (Freeman Bros).
- St Lawrence Church, c.1904. (Freeman's Series) (from Robert James).
- Parish church and the canal, 1903.
- Parish church and the canal, 1903.
- Parish church, c.1907.
- St Lawrence's church, 1906 [Tufnail's Series, Newbury].
- St Lawrence's church, 1909.
- St Lawrence's Church, c.1923. A Parsons Series.
- Parish church and the canal, c.1903.
- The church gate, (photo by Phillip Collier, Reading, 1907).
- The church gate, c.1910.
- Church Parade, 12th January 1913 [A. Parsons].
- Parish church and the canal, c.1920.
- Hungerford Church from Meadow (from Muriel Cornwell).
- Interior of St Lawrence's church, from a glass slide, 1923.
- Interior of St Lawrence's church, showing the new chancel screen, from a glass slide, 1923.
- Interior of St Lawrence's church, showing the new chancel screen, from a glass slide, 1923.
- St Lawrence's church and the canal, from a glass slide, 1923.
- St Lawrence's church and the canal, from a glass slide, 1923.
- Interior of St Lawrence's church (Tomkins & Barrett, Swindon).
- The new bells, 1978.
- St Lawrence's church and the canal, from a glass slide, 1923.
- Interior of St Lawrence's church, c.1920.
- Interrior of St Lawrence's church pre-1923 (Frith's Series).
- St Lawrence's church (Frith's Series).
- War Memorial in St Lawrence's church, from a glass slide, 1923.
- St Lawrence's church, from a glass slide, 1923.
- Interior of St Lawrence's church, showing the new chancel screen, 1923.
- Interior of St Lawrence's church, showing the new chancel screen, 1923.
- Hungerford Church Silver, 1737.
- "The Parish Church, Hungerford, 1902" [J Benjamin Stone].
- St Lawrence's Church 1906 [Tufnall series].
- St Lawrence's Church, [Hfd 35. Raphael, Tuck & Sons Ltd].
- St Lawrence's Church, c.1950.
- St Lawrence's Church, c.1970.
- The vicar (Rev Harold Wardley King) and bellringers outside St Lawrence's church, George V's Silver Jubilee, 6 May 1935. L-R: ??, ??, ??, ??, Rev Wardley-King, Bob Newhook, ??, Lord Portal, ??.
- Lowering a bell from the tower, April 1978.
- The new bells on display before being re-hung, Jun 1978.
- The Church Bell-Ringing Team, 1978. Back row, L-R: Sarah Fradgley, Ted Fry, Sarah Scott (maiden name), Richard Earl & Denise Long (maiden name).
Front Row: Harry Fradgley, Mary Fradgley, Rev Richard Kinsbury, Robert Grange (Tower Captain), Audrey Pallett & Rev John Kendall.
- St Lawrence's Church, April 2014.
- Aerial view of St Lawrence Church, undated.
- Plan (by Abraham Dymock of Albourne, 1820) of "Hungerford Church Yard" - including the additional land exchanged by the Representatives of Catherine Pearce for enlarging the "Old Church Yard".
- Plan of existing church, 1879 (Morris & Stallwood, Reading).
- Plan of existing church organ gallery and upper gallery, 1879 (Morris & Stallwood, Reading).
- Existing church, south elevation, 1879 (Morris & Stallwood, Reading).
- Interior elevation of existing church, showing original painted cast-iron pillars, 1879 (Morris & Stallwood, Reading).
- Proposed alterations (very different to what was eventually done), 1879 (Morris & Stallwood, Reading).
- St Lawrence's church, 1903. (Chester Vaughan Series).
- St Lawrence's church, with inset of Rev Sealy, August 1908.
- St Lawrence Church from the west, undated c.1930 (from Moya Dixon).
- The Remembrance Poppy cascade, November 2019.
- The new glass doors in the south porch, 21st January 2023.
See also:
- Photo Gallery of Stained Glass Windows in St Lawrence Church
- Photo Gallery of wall and floor memorials in St Lawrence Church
- Procession if Witness, 2016 (photos by Tony Bartlett)
- Photos (in a combined pdf) of the 200th Anniversary Service (by kind permission of Tony Bartlett).